This Sunday, Jan. 11 the 72nd Annual Golden Globes will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles where the most talented Hollywood stars will arrive in hopes of kicking off award season with a bang and winning big.
While we’ve made a couple predictions on who our winners would be on Sunday night, we also hope to see a lot of our favorite Latino stars attend the ceremony.
A handful are set to present, including Jennifer Lopez and Salma Hayek, while others have the honor of being nominated such as our Variety Latino Rising Star, Gina Rodriguez, and “Birdman” director Alejandro González Iñárritu.
Here are our Top 10 things we hope will happen at the “Globos de Oro.”
1. Jennifer Lopez will walk onto the red carpet and the heavens will open up as her beauty radiates and outshines everyone else.
Gif from JenniferLopezFashion
2. Lupita Nyong’o, who is set to present, will take the stage and everyone will give her a standing ovation because she is just THAT amazing.
Gif from Mimultifandommadness
3. Salma Hayek will be a bit nervous about presenting being that in 2013 the teleprompter was missing and she and Paul Rudd had to stand awkwardly without knowing what to say.
Gif by Gify
4. Gina Rodriguez will definitely win the Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series for “Jane The Virgin” and she’ll make an outstanding speech about the need for more and better Latino centered shows.
Gif by Branstarks
5. “Birdman” by Alejandro González Iñarritu will win big and it’ll be an extraordinary feat for the Mexican director.
Gif by FoxSearchPictures
6. Composer Antonio Sanchez will also win Best Original Score and the Oscars will be upset that they eliminated the score from their competition.
Gif by FoxSearchPictures
7. “The Book of Life,” by Mexican director Jorge R. Gutierrez wins in the category Best Animated Film and a big fiesta commences after the show.
Gif by Lamuertes
8. If and when “The Book of Life” does win, Mexican stars Diego Luna, Kate del Castillo, Danny Trejo, Guillermo del Toro and Ana de la Reguera will take the stage with a Mariachi band like the one at their premiere.
9. Puerto Rican born actor Joaquin Phoenix, who is nominated in the Best Performance by an Actor in a Comedy or Musical for “Inherent Vice,” will most likely fall asleep and wake up when his name is announced in the category.
Gif by TheHollywoodSceneWorld
10. And finally if Louis C.K. wins Latinos will remind everyone that the comedian is Mexican-American. His father was born and raised in Mexico and Louis lived in Mexico City until the age of 7.
Gif by #WhatShouldBlondGirlsCallMe