Alamo Drafthouse announced Tuesday a nationwide roadshow to bring Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi back to the big screen.
“It’s always been a dream to show the original STAR WARS trilogy again – somehow, someway,” says Alamo Drafthouse’s VP of Special Events, Henri Mazza. “Seeing the original trilogy on the big screen for the first time is a real life-altering event and just a supreme amount of fun. When the films became available to book for screenings like these, we jumped at the chance to do something big.”
While many dates and locations are still to be announced, “Return of the Trilogy” screenings will take place at venues in over 20 cities throughout the month of August. All three of the films will be presented in their 1997 re-release format.
Tickets for most markets will go on sale at ReturnOfTheTrilogy.com on May 4th, otherwise known as Star Wars Day: May the 4th Be With You.
THE RETURN OF THE TRILOGY Roadshow
- August 6 – San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
- August 6 – Kansas City, MO / The Midland Theatre
- August 6 – Washington, D.C. / Warner Theatre
- August 6 – Los Angeles, CA / The Theatre at the Ace Hotel
- August 6 – New York, NY / The Town Hall
- August 6 – Miami, FL / Olympia Theatre
- August 6 – San Antonio, TX Majestic Theatre
- August 7 – New York, NY / Kings Theatre
- August 7 – Dallas, TX / Majestic Theatre
- August 11 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 4-A New Hope)
- August 12 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 5-The Empire Strikes Back)
- August 13 – Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 6-Return of the Jedi)
- August 13 – Philadelphia, PA / The Keswick Theatre
- August 13 – Louisville, KY / Brown Theatre
- August 20 – Oakland, CA / Paramount Theatre
- August 27 – Boston, MA / The Boston Opera House
- Date TBD – Houston, TX / Venue TBD
- Date TBD – Denver, CO / Venue TBD
- *Additional Dates / Locations To Be Announced